- A woman who has cancer, not a cancer victim.
- A man living in the county illegally, not an illegal alien.
- People without homes, not the homeless.
- A returning citizen, not an ex-con.
- A woman with a mental health condition, not an insane woman.
Here are a few more respectful PFL examples:
- People with Disabilities instead of Disabled or Handicapped People.
- Student with Autism instead of Autistic Student.
- Woman with a Visual Impairment instead of Blind Woman.
- Accessible Parking instead of Handicapped Parking.